Five Things You Should Know about Veneers by Mount Prospect Veneers Dentist
You’ve heard how effective porcelain veneers are for correcting cosmetic dental flaws. You know that actresses and models have used them for years, but you wonder if you have the time or budget to get them for yourself.
The Mount Prospect veneers dentist has helped improve the smiles of hundreds of our patients with beautiful porcelain veneers. We know that there are many benefits to porcelain veneer, and today we’re sharing some information we think you should know.
Five Things to Know about Veneers
- Veneers can usually be placed in two visits. Veneers are convenient because they can usually be placed in two visits. During the first visit we’ll prepare your tooth for the veneer by removing a small bit of enamel. We then take impressions and send them to a lab where your veneer is created. At your second visit we’ll adjust the veneer and cement it in place.
- Veneers look like a natural tooth. The reason so many actresses, actors, and models choose veneers is that they very closely resemble the shine and translucency of a natural tooth. Dental porcelain is extremely strong and durable and can be color matched to existing teeth for a very natural look.
- Veneers can be placed on one or more teeth . If you thought you would have to bust your budget with a full set of veneers, think again! Since dental veneers look so much like a natural tooth, the Mount Prospect veneers dentist can place them on just one tooth or several teeth.
- Veneers correct a variety of problems . You may not even be aware of all the problems that veneers can fix. Just a few of the ways we can use veneers are to correct the appearance of a poorly shaped tooth and conceal slight misalignments or gaps between teeth.
- Veneers last for 10 years or more. Veneers are strong and durable and can withstand normal wear and tear, but you do need to be careful with them. Be aware of how and what you’re eating, because they can chip with too much abuse. Take care of them just as you would your natural tooth to lengthen their lifespan.
Please Call for An Appointment
We would love to talk to you about veneers as well as your other cosmetic dental options. Please give us a call so we can get started!